Quick quit Skip to content

Can I claim for compensation from the offender?

The offender shall be obliged to compensate caused damages. The police will ask about claims for damages already during questioning. Compensation for damages can be claimed from the offender, for example, with added interest from the date of the crime. It is important to retain all receipts of expenses. It is more simple to justify expenses by means of receipts. An expert’s evaluation of the monetary value of damaged property is good evidence on the amount of damages. Claims for damages are usually related to broken or lost property, medical costs and pain caused by violence as well as immaterial suffering.