Send feedback QuitQuick quit Skip to content

Does becoming a victim of crime influence your residence permit?

Becoming a victim of crime does not directly affect your residence permit. The continuation of a temporary residence permit that has been granted due to family ties (marriage or registered partnership) shall always be considered separately, if the family ties no longer exist. Continuation may be affected if the relationship has ended due to a partner’s violence. During the permit process, a statement such as a medical certificate or a statement from a family counselling centre, should be presented.

Every person who has become a victim of crime is entitled to advice, assistance and support. If necessary, you can contact the minority ombudsman for additional information: Non-Discrimination Ombudsman.