Quick quit Skip to content

When and where can you get the trial verdict? Can the verdict be appealed against?

The verdict can be announced at the end of the trial. It can also be obtained in writing from the district court office, usually within two weeks. Usually your own attorney will obtain it. The verdict of the district court may be appealed, either directly to the Court of Appeal or by requesting permission for further hearings. Dissatisfaction with the district court’s verdict must be informed within a week after the verdict and the actual written appeal must be sent to the district court within 30 days after the verdict. The verdict stated by the Court of Appeal can be appealed to the Supreme Court, if it grants a leave of appeal.