Victim Support Finland (RIKU) – Palveluesite englanniksi
Victim Support Finland (RIKU) guides and supports crime victims, their close ones and witnesses of crime.
Contact us if:
- you are a victim of a crime
- you have witnessed a crime
- your close one is a victim of a crime
- you suspect you are a victim of a crime and want to discuss your experiences and/or get practical advice
Our services are fully confidential. You can contact us by phone or online – also anonymously. You can also request a face to face meeting at one of our offices. We will not give information about your case to anyone without your consent.
Riku.fi website provides information in different languages about RIKU and about the criminal process.
Email email@example.com for support and advice if you suspect human trafficking or labour exploitation. You can write in your own language.
RIKUchat is a real time service mostly in Finnish. riku.fi
NATIONAL HELPLINE 116 006
Mon–Fri 9 AM to 8 PM (mostly in Finnish)
Legal Advice Helpline 0800 161 177
Mon–Thu 5 PM to 7 PM (in Finnish)
Face to Face
RIKU’s offices around Finland provide support free of cost. We can use an interpreter who is bound by strict confidentiality. Contact information on riku.fi.
You can also ask for a support person, who can meet with you, discuss and provide practical advice. They can also go with you to the police station or to court.
RIKU is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) with no political or religious affiliations.
RIKU provides services for all victims of human trafficking and other forms of labour exploitation
Did you or your close one experience any of the following?
- Is someone pressuring you to do something illegal or something else you don’t want to do?
- Is someone (for example spouse, relative, employer) controlling what you do or your communication with others?
- Have you been told that you owe someone money for coming to Finland or did you already pay someone?
- Have you been told that you will be deported or lose your residence permit if you don’t obey?
- Is someone threathening you with sharing personal information about you?
- Are you afraid that for example your employer or spouse would cause you or your close ones harm if you disagree with them or leave the job or the relationship?
- Were you misled about what work you came to do or under what conditions?
- Were you promised a higher salary than what you are actually being paid?
- Do you regularly work more than five days a week or more than 8 hours a day without extra pay?
- Has someone taken debts in your name or made you sign documents that you didn’t understand?
- Is someone using your bank account or controlling your finances?
If you answered yes to one or many of these questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in any language or contact one of the numbers on riku.fi/trafficking.
040 632 9293